By Bill Weber
July 8, 2022
The San Diego Symphony is announcing a program of round-trip transportation from Rancho Santa Fe to three of this summer’s most anticipated concerts:
- Beethoven by the Bay on July 15
- The Music of John Williams: 90th Birthday Celebration on August 13
- Broadway Sings … and Swings on September 16
This program is being introduced as a result of feedback from several privately organized trips to The Shell last year. We discovered that there were a number of Ranch residents that would like to go to more concerts – if only they didn’t have to drive. They noted several advantages of riding the bus:
- Convenience: they are dropped off at the main entrance with no worries about parking
- Cost: busing charges compare favorably with round-trip Uber fares
- Camaraderie: enjoying the concert experience with family and friends
Although the Symphony’s goal is to develop a system that would facilitate reserving transportation as part of a ticket purchase, these three concerts are being offered as packages that include premier seating in addition to transportation. Depending on the response to these concerts, we hope to be able offer trips to other concerts this summer.
To learn more and take advantage of this opportunity to ride to the Rady Shell, refer to the attached flyer, and email Casey Patterson at CPatterson@SanDiegoSymphony.org. Availability is limited, so if you’re at all interested, reach out to Casey as soon as possible.