Are you getting a jump on spring cleaning? Have stuff to giveaway as you clear out those closets?
Helen Woodward Animal Center – Donate Goods From Our Wish List
Helen Woodward Animal Center is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation who relies not only on monetary donations, but also in-kind donations to perform everyday functions. In-kind donations are tax deductible, however we only are only able to accept certain items. See the list of acceptable donation items below. Please contact Development at 858-756-4117 ext. 339 for information on how to donate any of these items, questions about additional types of in-kind donations or assistance with a donation drive. Donations can be dropped off at the Adoptions front desk during normal operating hours.
Adoptions Foster Program
- Litter scoopers
- Litter pans
- Puppy potty pads
- Waterproof tarps
- Rolling carts
- Kitty condos
- Storage shelves
- Small stainless steel bowls
- Cotton balls
- KMR kitten formula
- Esbilac puppy formula
- Miracle nipples for syringe feeding neonatal orphans
- Royal Canin Mother & baby cat dry & wet food and formula
- Royal Canin Mother & baby puppy dry & wet food and starter mousse
- Baby wipes
- Puppy & kitten shampoos
- Dog toys (rope and Kong chew preferred)
- Cat toys, preferably without catnip (fuzzy mice, balls with bells, small Mylar balls)
- Medium and large pet carriers
- Shopping/grocery bags-Paper or reusable
- Cowboy Magic Detangler and conditioner
- 2 speaker sound system
- Fly spray
- Any unexpired, unopened cat and dog food (can be wet or dry)
- Cat and dog treats for all sizes
- Canned food for SENIOR cats and dogs
- Ziploc Freezer Gallon and/or Quart bags (Ziploc FREEZER brand only please)
Technology and Web Needs
- SD Card Readers
- Flash Memory Cards
- Smooth river rock pebbles (2 yards worth)
- Golf cart batteries
- Ladders (4, 6, 10 foot, preferably in great shape)
- Electric power tools
- Power cords
- Water pumps
- Golf carts
Pet Encounter Therapy And Education
- New or gently used bagless heavy duty vacuum
- Gift certificates to local grocery stores, hardware stores, and gas stations
- Metallic foldable exercise pens (same type as Adoptions has on their list)
- Cuttlebone, sealed bird treats, birds toys
- Magnetic reptile ledges
- Hand crank emergency radio for evacuation kit
- Small animal bedding
- Rabbit/guinea pig pet bedding
- Gift certificates for employee recognition
- Restaurant owners who would like to donate lunch for all-staff luncheons
Country Friends, located centrally in downtown Rancho Santa Fe on El Tordo, runs a consignment shop.
The mission of Country Friends, since 1954, is to support Human Care Agencies with emphasis on those provisind services to women, children, the elderly and persons with disabilities in San Diego County.
The Country Friends® Consignment Shop is located at the corner of El Tordo and Avenida de Acacias in Rancho Santa Fe. This year-round enterprise is staffed by The Country Friends® volunteers and open to the public. The Consignment Shop is laden with treasures of silver, crystal, objects d’art, china, and furniture (classic and traditional). Merchandise is received from estates and individuals and is either donated or consigned.
The Country Friends® Consignment Shop is a source of funds, which flows out to the many human care agencies throughout San Diego County, which we support. Your purchase becomes a contribution which ensures the continuation and growth of The Country Friends® giving program.
Cleaning out your bookshelves?
The Book Cellar welcomes the donation of your gently used books and media
You can donate during regular business hours, Monday-Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm or after hours.
After hours donations can be made securely in the bins on the patio. You may request a donation receipt for your tax records or find one here.Please note that we cannot use books with torn covers, missing or torn pages, or water and mold damage. Also, we are no longer able to accept Encyclopedia sets or VHS Tapes.
The Book Cellar Gives Back
Books donated to the Book Cellar all find a good home. Many titles enter the inventory in our fabulous used bookstore. We regularly donate excess titles to the philanthropies we support. We are committed to getting books to those in need. Some of the organizations we support:
Father Joes Villages
African Library Projects
Foundation 4 Women Warriors
Family Recovery Center
Free To Thrive