Landscape Maintenance Recommendations (old discussion, partially restored)

Welcome to the RSF Post, a news, communication & information site serving the Rancho Santa Fe Community Forums RSF Post Member Forum Landscape Maintenance Recommendations (old discussion, partially restored)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Editor
      Participant

Landscaping maintenance recos
      Thread starterRSFPoster
      Start dateLater today at 8:15 AM
      R
      RSFPoster
      Later today at 8:15 AM

Purchased in covenant this year – been paying the prior owner’s landscaper to maintain landscaping. Seems fine, but before spending the day calling around others to see if I’m getting a reasonable price or not, any recos for the KC Propane of gardeners – efficient, reliable, low cost?

Any rules of thumb for cost vs size of landsaped area? Ours seems to spend about 30-60 minutes a week with a couple guys or so, and charges around $500 a month.
      F
      four
      Later today at 9:24 AM

I heard the good ones are expensive. I have also heard from neighbors that have lived her for a long time that it took quite a quite for them to get their landscape companies to focus on exactly what they wanted.

60 minutes x 2 employees x 4 weeks / mo = 8 hours / mo ?
      $500 / 8 hours = $62.50 per man-hour?
      (at 3 guys per visit, that number comes down to $41.66 per man-hour)

That seems high to me. We pay ~$31 per man hour which is very close to what we paid in Encinitas (meaning we’re no t getting taken advantage of just because we live in RSF). We just got a competing bid at $48/hr which we declined. We will probably up the hours before paying more per hour. Side note, we’re not 100% satisfied with our current provider as they need guidance EVERY visit as to what to focus on

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but California state law requires a contractors license if you’re paying more than $600/mo for services.
      My current landscaper is licensed.
      R
      RSFPoster
      Later today at 4:36 PM

Thanks four – that helps frame the range. This one is one of the more organized ones but good to know more self service is around for less

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.